Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Stafford and Dugan



Stafford and Dugan Photo Family Tree 






Joyce Dugan Powell and her eldest daughter--me!
Joyce and Teresa


Joyce, as a child, the little blonde. Except for this time in life, she and her siblings all had dark hair.


Joyce Dugan Powell (Present Day)
  


Frank and Sadie (Stafford) Dugan

Joyce's parents: Frank D. Dugan and Sadie Stafford Dugan. Sadie was not given a middle name.


My parents and I lived with my grandparents for the first six months of my life and then moved to Joliet, Illinois (for three years). My sources told me that my grandparents doted on me. Grandpa Frank would come in from milking and say, “Where is my baby?”


Grandpa Frank died while we lived in Joliet.

I don’t remember Grandpa Frank, but Grandma Sadie was a huge part of my life—growing up. My best memories of her revolved around Sunday get-togethers. On any given Sunday, after church, I could count on good food, lots of cousins to play with and aunts and uncles telling us what to do.

Amanda Stafford (on the right) was Grandma Sadie's mother.  My mother (Joyce), the eighth child of Frank and Sadie,  remembers a few things about her Grandma Amanda. One thing she remembers was that Amanda smoked a pipe.
The other woman in the photo is “Grannie Davis” I think this is Amanda's mother. (I don’t remember her first name, but will update).
 






Grandpa Frank’s parents: John Dugan and Elizabeth Williams Dugan
 And there you have it. The maternal side of my family tree featuring the Staffords and the Dugans.

11 comments:

Marcy said...

What a wonderful photo family tree! I love looking at old family photos and need to get mine better organized . . . and get copies of more of my parents and Aunts photos!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Teresa .. it's wonderful you have so many photos are able to show us - it's a priviledge: thank you.

You can your likeness in your mother's face - she's very pretty and that means ... guess who too! I remember your tales of the stay at your grandparents in those very early days of your life - and your happy returns to the family home ..

Cheers - love these - Hilary

JoJo said...

Another amazing set of genealogy pics!

Robin said...

Your pictures are in wonderful condition. And someone made sure that they were all labeled. I have a bunch of old pictures with no names and no idea of who is in them... :(

Pat Hatt said...

Great pics indeed, the last pair look sooo serious

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm sorry you don't remember your grandfather, but you obviously had an impact on his heart.

Liz Blocker said...

Lovely, lovely pictures! I love seeing people's history set out visually like this. I always want to meet the people in the photos, and ask them about their lives.

Mary Aalgaard said...

Love all your old photos and family history!

Arlee Bird said...

Such classic photos! You were fortunate to have had the time you had with relatives. It's something I never had much of.

Lee
A Few Words
An A to Z Co-host blog

Unknown said...

How fortunate you are to have family photos. They are truly treasures.

Ragtag Giggagon said...

I've a friend who did a lot of genealogy research; his family were archive keepers in Dublin Ireland for generations - looking after birth certs etc. You're very comprehensive there in your descriptions. Always interesting, the social history. (My own great-grandmother was killed during Ireland's Easter Rising in 1916. Her daughter - my granny - had to raise the other kids from the age of 11.)

Best of luck in the A-Z.

Love your use of the theme to capture a very broad number of topics.